Skip to main content

The Sapiocracy is Shutting Down

By Kael the Sapiocrat

Reader,

I do apologize for being the bearer of sad tidings, but after weeks of reviewing my schedule and a bit of personal reflection, I have decided to shut down The Sapiocracy for good.

Thank you so much for reading my posts and those of my fellow contributors. Although we weren't
really regular with our posting activity, I believe that we have conveyed our opinion on a number of key topics with precision, erudition, and sensitivity to our audience. Our goal is that one day, many more people will use the Internet as a tool to promote sound knowledge and fact-based opinion to share with others.

Although we're saying goodbye to this blog, I'm not going anywhere yet! I'll be moving my blogging activity to my permanent personal website, www.kaelanboyd.com. I'll be A LOT more active there and I am planning to implement cool interactive features for my subscribers.

Again, thanks for everything. Kael the Sapiocrat, out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Election Woes: Is the Electoral College Necessary?

By Kael the Sapiocrat (AN OPINION) for Brandon I recently had a back and forth conversation via Twitter with an old college buddy of mine whom I have great respect for. Although I disagree with him on many things, he too is a fellow Sapiocrat and one I would spend hours debating with on issues of domestic and international affairs. I can't say I don't miss him since he left for graduate school, but technology has a way of keeping us close.  Okay, enough with the sappy stuff. Back to the point. See, our discussion revolved around the age-old argument concerning the usefulness of the Electoral College. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the institution, the Electoral College is the method by which the President of the United States is chosen. While not an actual college, the institution is comprised of 538 individuals (apportioned from each state and the District of Columbia dependent upon the number of Congressional members they are entitled to) who cast...

Shut the Freedom Up

By Kael the Sapiocrat A couple of days ago, while I was wasting time peering through my social media, I came across a simple and quite educational video which lasted a little more than a minute. "Oooohh, that's such big news," you may say. But when I tell you that if it is a video that prompts me to write an entire blog post about it, it must be something worth looking into. Especially for all of you sapiocrats out there.  The video focused on the topic of the freedom of speech. Yeah, it's probably the most overused and misinterpreted feature of the American experiment -- right up there with the right to bear arms and the separation of church and state.  Let's back this up. Cue Free Speech in the U.S.: Origins . The freedom of speech is an expressed freedom found in the first article of the United States Constitution where it reads: "...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech..." You read that right. Article I of t...

Welcome to The Sapiocracy

Reader, If you find yourself fortunate enough to have this blog gracing your monitor right now, then consider yourself among the wise. If you were recommended to this blog by a friend or just happened to have stumbled upon this web address, then I hope you're ready for an amazing adventure into the world of minds. Welcome, my friend, to The Sapiocracy -- where knowledge reigns.  The Sapiocracy is my online blog that is designed to speak to the masses and gather their viewpoints on political issues using data-driven discussions and embraces the sharing of knowledge among all who participate. Sapiocracy is a relatively new term that roughly means "rule of the wise or intelligent." It perfectly symbolizes my belief that nations should be governed by the wise and well-informed, so that the decisions we make are justified.  Here, I'll set the stage and you, as the reader, will perform the act. I want you to contribute your knowledge to our blog posts and become...