Skip to main content

Welcome to The Sapiocracy

Reader,

If you find yourself fortunate enough to have this blog gracing your monitor right now, then consider yourself among the wise. If you were recommended to this blog by a friend or just happened to have stumbled upon this web address, then I hope you're ready for an amazing adventure into the world of minds. Welcome, my friend, to The Sapiocracy -- where knowledge reigns. 

The Sapiocracy is my online blog that is designed to speak to the masses and gather their viewpoints on political issues using data-driven discussions and embraces the sharing of knowledge among all who participate. Sapiocracy is a relatively new term that roughly means "rule of the wise or intelligent." It perfectly symbolizes my belief that nations should be governed by the wise and well-informed, so that the decisions we make are justified. 

Here, I'll set the stage and you, as the reader, will perform the act. I want you to contribute your knowledge to our blog posts and become the portion of the population which seeks only to view the world from a balanced rational and moral standpoint. Here, we will address an issue, collaborate on solutions, and move on to the next discussion amicably. We will be deeply involved in the Socratic method -- the sharing of ideas in an open and inviting environment. As long as you are sincere in your contributions to the discussions, I am confident that you will build yourself to be a respected and credible Sapiocrat in our little online world. Your patronage makes this blog possible. You'll notice that my posts are not as formal as you may expect. Rather, it's quite conversational. This approach is my way of making you feel comfortable with reading and understand what's posted here.

Now let me be real with you. We talk about A LOT of politics here. Not just American politics, but matters of state around the world -- for we are a globalized world where there is a cause and effect for everything. Because of the political nature of our conversations, people may become extremely passionate about their viewpoints and may get quite raucous. My desire is for you to know that this is a moderated blog. If your contributions become offensive or without substance, they will be deleted. If you become a constant nuisance, you will be removed from the Sapiocracy. I want this blog to be filled with data-backed ideas and sound arguments, not hate and derogatory speech. Free speech is welcome, but the consequences of free speech is equally observed. So please be mindful of your responses and ensure that it is something you are willing to verbally say to a fellow Sapiocrat if you were in their presence. 

I am excited to start this journey with you. Although my posts may be a just a little left-leaning on some issues, all viewpoints are welcome here. I promise I will do my best to approach things from a centrist or moderate perspective. I encourage you to subscribe so that you can be the first to know when I publish a new post. My goal is to publish bi-weekly so that enough notable events around the world can accumulate to give me a plethora of options to choose from. Our conversations will never run dry. There will ALWAYS be something to talk about -- and I want to talk about those things with you.

I'm working on the first official post now. So remember to subscribe and keep your eyes, ears and mind wide open!

Your Fellow Sapiocrat,

Kael



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Election Woes: Is the Electoral College Necessary?

By Kael the Sapiocrat (AN OPINION) for Brandon I recently had a back and forth conversation via Twitter with an old college buddy of mine whom I have great respect for. Although I disagree with him on many things, he too is a fellow Sapiocrat and one I would spend hours debating with on issues of domestic and international affairs. I can't say I don't miss him since he left for graduate school, but technology has a way of keeping us close.  Okay, enough with the sappy stuff. Back to the point. See, our discussion revolved around the age-old argument concerning the usefulness of the Electoral College. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the institution, the Electoral College is the method by which the President of the United States is chosen. While not an actual college, the institution is comprised of 538 individuals (apportioned from each state and the District of Columbia dependent upon the number of Congressional members they are entitled to) who cast...

Shut the Freedom Up

By Kael the Sapiocrat A couple of days ago, while I was wasting time peering through my social media, I came across a simple and quite educational video which lasted a little more than a minute. "Oooohh, that's such big news," you may say. But when I tell you that if it is a video that prompts me to write an entire blog post about it, it must be something worth looking into. Especially for all of you sapiocrats out there.  The video focused on the topic of the freedom of speech. Yeah, it's probably the most overused and misinterpreted feature of the American experiment -- right up there with the right to bear arms and the separation of church and state.  Let's back this up. Cue Free Speech in the U.S.: Origins . The freedom of speech is an expressed freedom found in the first article of the United States Constitution where it reads: "...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech..." You read that right. Article I of t...