Skip to main content

Tales of the Tweeter-in-Chief

By Kael the Sapiocrat


Source: DailyDot.com
Twitter is that social media site that I made back in high school and didn't really use it until again until a couple of years ago. Between my girlfriend and I, she's the constant tweeter -- while I just open the app every so often to make a short political statement, tweet live responses to my favorite shows and political debates with their unique Twitter handle, or retweet hilarious Thanksgiving clapbacks when turkey season comes around. But 2016 was the year that turned me into a tweeter on the edge. I found myself hitting more keys faster than Chopin on a caffeine high. Trump was on Twitter...and there was MUCH to tweet about.

Let's fast forward to 2018. On countless occasions, we've seen Mr. Trump lash out at women, minorities, the LGBTQ community, the handicapped and even other countries using Twitter as his platform to unleash his unmitigated anger and frustration. We've seen nations reshape or worsen their attitudes towards our country because of the President's inability to use his social media presence to convey only positive and helpful information for the world to see. Now I won't lie, I've tweeted a
quote or a small blurb to release anger now and again. But then again, I'm not the President of the United States. My small tweets aren't regarded as the agenda of an entire administration. Unfortunately, Mr. Trump's is. Which is why I felt compelled (and persuaded by Michelle 💟) to write this post.

What we have here is a television personality turned commander-in-chief who has used his position to not promote unity within and outside of the country, but to further cause division and induce hate around the globe. Since his rise to the Presidency, the only thing that I've seen more of than his negative tweets are the number of hate groups that have surfaced both online and in communities which are doing nothing but fueling the fire that this president has ignited. My constant fear is waking up in the morning before work to a CNN breaking news story that an American adversary has fired a nuclear missile in retaliation to a threat that the president tweeted the night before (I'm not alone). It's sickening how much of a game Mr. Trump believes that the protection and good governance of the United States is.

We live in a highly sensitive and dramatically tense global environment where threatening words can hit the wrong tone and set off a chain reaction which could lead us to war. Maybe he doesn't care, but millions of us do. People like the author who wrote this article, to me, are highly disturbing. I need not see any more of what the president is thinking. We all know what he's thinking and what the consequences are if he translates those thoughts into actions. Our main concern should be how to survive once those consequences come to fruition.

Honestly, I'm just ready for 2020...

##

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Election Woes: Is the Electoral College Necessary?

By Kael the Sapiocrat (AN OPINION) for Brandon I recently had a back and forth conversation via Twitter with an old college buddy of mine whom I have great respect for. Although I disagree with him on many things, he too is a fellow Sapiocrat and one I would spend hours debating with on issues of domestic and international affairs. I can't say I don't miss him since he left for graduate school, but technology has a way of keeping us close.  Okay, enough with the sappy stuff. Back to the point. See, our discussion revolved around the age-old argument concerning the usefulness of the Electoral College. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the institution, the Electoral College is the method by which the President of the United States is chosen. While not an actual college, the institution is comprised of 538 individuals (apportioned from each state and the District of Columbia dependent upon the number of Congressional members they are entitled to) who cast...

Shut the Freedom Up

By Kael the Sapiocrat A couple of days ago, while I was wasting time peering through my social media, I came across a simple and quite educational video which lasted a little more than a minute. "Oooohh, that's such big news," you may say. But when I tell you that if it is a video that prompts me to write an entire blog post about it, it must be something worth looking into. Especially for all of you sapiocrats out there.  The video focused on the topic of the freedom of speech. Yeah, it's probably the most overused and misinterpreted feature of the American experiment -- right up there with the right to bear arms and the separation of church and state.  Let's back this up. Cue Free Speech in the U.S.: Origins . The freedom of speech is an expressed freedom found in the first article of the United States Constitution where it reads: "...Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech..." You read that right. Article I of t...

Welcome to The Sapiocracy

Reader, If you find yourself fortunate enough to have this blog gracing your monitor right now, then consider yourself among the wise. If you were recommended to this blog by a friend or just happened to have stumbled upon this web address, then I hope you're ready for an amazing adventure into the world of minds. Welcome, my friend, to The Sapiocracy -- where knowledge reigns.  The Sapiocracy is my online blog that is designed to speak to the masses and gather their viewpoints on political issues using data-driven discussions and embraces the sharing of knowledge among all who participate. Sapiocracy is a relatively new term that roughly means "rule of the wise or intelligent." It perfectly symbolizes my belief that nations should be governed by the wise and well-informed, so that the decisions we make are justified.  Here, I'll set the stage and you, as the reader, will perform the act. I want you to contribute your knowledge to our blog posts and become...